99 Maps to Save the Planet: With an introduction by Chris Packham
'Terrifying yet funny, surprising yet predictable, simple yet poignant' Chris Packham
A shocking but informative, eye-catching and witty book of maps that illustrate the perilous state of our planet.
The maps in this book are often shocking, sometimes amusing, and packed with essential information:
* Did you know that just 67 companies worldwide are responsible for 67 per cent of global greenhouse emissions?
* Or that keeping a horse has the same carbon footprint as a 23,500-kilometre road trip?
* Did you know how many countries use less energy than is consumed globally by downloading porn from the internet?
* Do you know how much of the earth's surface has been concreted over?
* Or how many trees would we have to plant to make our planet carbon-neutral?
Presenting a wealth of innovative scientific research and data in stunning, beautiful infographics, 99 Maps to Save the Planet provides us with instant snapshots of the destruction of our environment. At one glance, we can see the precarious state of our planet - but also realise how easy it would be to improve it
Enlightening, a bit frightening, but definitely inspiring, 99 Maps to Save the Planet doesn't provide practical tips on how to save our planet: it just presents the facts. And the facts speak for themselves. Once we know them, what excuse do we have for failing to act?
Detalles del producto
Obtén ingresos recomendado libros
Genera ingresos compartiendo enlaces de tus libros favoritos a través del programa de afiliados.Únete al programa de afiliados