Basic Concepts in Environmental Biotechnology
The book includes current and emerging concepts in the areas of environmental biotechnology such as pollution sources, control and measurement, solid waste management, bioremediation, biofuels, biosensors, bioleaching, conservation biotechnology and more. The book also includes recent innovations made in this field and incorporates case studies to help in understanding the concepts. This book applies principles from multidisciplinary sciences of environmental engineering, metabolic engineering, rDNA technology and omics to study the role of microbes and plants in tackling environmental issues. It also includes content related to risk assessment and environmental management systems. Each chapter provides problems and solutions of different topics with diagrammatic illustrations and tables for students, researchers and other professionals in environmental biotechnology.
- Explores cutting-edge technologies, including nanotechnology-based bioremediation, value-added products from waste and emerging techniques related to environmental risk assessment and monitoring
- Reviews the current methods being applied in the environment field for pollution control, waste management, biodegradation of organic and inorganic pollutants and so on
- Provides in-depth knowledge of the latest advancements in the field of environmental biotechnology such as bioleaching, biomining and advances in biotechnology-based conservation of biodiversity
- Introduces undergraduate and post-graduate students to basic concepts of environmental biotechnology and allied fields
- Discusses different products such as biofuels, biopolymers and biosensors that are being produced using biotechnological methods, thus contributing towards the goal of sustainable development
Dr. Neetu Sharma is Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology, GGDSD College, Chandigarh, India. The main thrust of her research centers on biotechnology, bioremediation and nanotechnology.
Abhinashi Singh Sodhi is Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology, GGDSD College, Chandigarh, India. His current research focuses on waste reduction, valorization and bioproduct formation.
Dr. Navneet Batra is Associate Professor and Head, Department of Biotechnology, GGDSD College, Chandigarh, India. He has extensive academic and research experience of over 20 years with specialization in biotechnology and biochemical engineering.
Detalles del producto
Obtén ingresos recomendado libros
Genera ingresos compartiendo enlaces de tus libros favoritos a través del programa de afiliados.Únete al programa de afiliados