Specialty Foods: Processing Technology, Quality, and Safety
Specialty foods are made from high quality ingredients and offer distinct features to targeted customers who pay a premium price for their perceived benefits. The rise in production and sale of these foods has increased concerns over product quality and safety. Specialty Foods: Processing Technology, Quality, and Safety explores how these foods differ from other food sectors and describes their specific processing technologies, the equipment used to produce them, and steps taken to ensure their quality and microbial safety.
The book begins by describing various types of specialty foods, their regulation, and the major trends guiding the specialty food industry. It examines the diverse specialty foods marketplace and the strategies and practices that entrepreneurs must understand to be successful specialty food marketers. It also discusses internationally recognized food safety programs and examples of implemented food safety controls.
Next, the book presents sharply focused chapters on specific foods:
- Bread, including whole wheat, multigrain/seed, sourdough, organic, gluten-free, and reduced sodium, as well as functional baked goods
- Specialty condiments, dressings, and sauces
- Jams, jellies, and other jelly products
- Chocolate, including diet-friendly, allergen-free, dark, gourmet, and kosher
- Dairy products, including specialty cheese, yogurt, and other cultured products
- Juices and functional drinks
- Specialty fruit and vegetable products
- Specialty entrees, meats, convenience foods, soups, and other miscellaneous items
The final chapter provides additional information and resources for entrepreneurs, including sections on small-scale food processing equipment and packaging. Innovators in the food industry will find this resource an invaluable guide to a range of issues critical to the sp
Detalles del producto
Obtén ingresos recomendado libros
Genera ingresos compartiendo enlaces de tus libros favoritos a través del programa de afiliados.Únete al programa de afiliados