Understanding Dyslexia: A Guide for Teachers and Parents
Descripción"In his book Understanding Dyslexia Denis Lawrence leaves no stone unturned. This up-to-date book provides a comprehensive account of all aspects of dyslexia. The author's knowledge, experience and empathy is evident and the book can be recommended for all who want a simple account of the nature and consequences of dyslexia."
Professor Maggie Snowling, University of York, UK
"[This book is] a very readable introduction and guide covering theories of dyslexia and important areas of practical importance to those living with dyslexia or providing support for them."
J.B.Thomas, Loughborough University, UK
Dyslexia affects at least ten per cent of children and is the most common special educational need that teachers encounter. However, the characteristics of dyslexia can mean that it is often confused with other learning difficulties.
Whether you are a teacher or a parent, this easy-to-read book helps you to understand what is meant by 'dyslexia', providing clear guidance for identifying the signs and outlining practical strategies for helping and supporting dyslexic children.
As well as examining current popular definitions of dyslexia, the book offers a fresh definition, based on current research. Each chapter helps you to understand the unique challenges faced by dyslexic children in their learning of literacy skills and shows that the combined efforts of parents and teachers really can make a difference.
Key features include:
- Coverage of the most popular methods used in the assessment of dyslexia
- Strategies and techniques to help dyslexic children develop their literacy skills at school and at home
- A focus on how to enhance and maintain self-esteem in dyslexic children
- A look at other specific learning difficulties that overlap or can be confused with dyslexia
- Discussion of society's attitude towards dyslexia and the need for further understanding of the concept
Detalles del producto
Obtén ingresos recomendado libros
Genera ingresos compartiendo enlaces de tus libros favoritos a través del programa de afiliados.Únete al programa de afiliados