American Urban Politics in a Global Age
Bringing together a selection of readings that represent some of the most important trends and topics in urban scholarship today, American Urban Politics in a Global Age provides historical context and contemporary commentaries on the economy, politics, culture and identity of American cities. The 8th edition of this well-rounded and popular urban politics reader maintains the wide variety of reading selections it is known for, as well as many "classics," while adapting to current events and developments in urban politics. All-new readings and important editorial commentary include:
- Recent political debates about policing, race and ethnicity in the urban environment, and "post-racial politics"
- A discussion of gender politics, especially in the wake of the 2016 presidential election cycle, in cities as well as nationwide
- An exploration of the threat of natural disasters, and dialogue about sustainability initiatives, especially in the urban environment.
- A reflection on the increasing importance of private players in city- and metropolitics, from implications for governance, to the growing corporate aspect of smart city initiatives, designed to help urban governments provide important services across cities and metropolitan regions
- An examination of recent shifts of policy and activism to the neighbourhood, as well as to the global level, as they affect the viability of urban governance
American Urban Politics in a Global Age, 8e remains an approachable scholarly resource for undergraduate and graduate classrooms in urban politics, as well as a general, wide-ranging scholarly overview of the most important aspects of the field for researchers.
Detalles del producto
Obtén ingresos recomendado libros
Genera ingresos compartiendo enlaces de tus libros favoritos a través del programa de afiliados.Únete al programa de afiliados